So, this is it. My age is officially off the calendar dates. As I have jokingly said to a friend, “Pwede na akong maging masungit ng walang dahilan kasi matandang dalaga na ‘ko. (I can be unreasonably mean now because I’m already an old maid.) Yes!” In all honesty, when I reached 30, I have been very insecure about the age thingy. Why, with all the pressure about getting married when you are at this age and being surrounded by younger ones, you would probably feel that too. Somehow, as time passed, I am actually loving this phase of my life.
Things I learned:
- I love waking up early. By early, I mean 6:30 am.
- I love being able to sleep on or before 10:30 pm. That’s the only way I could wake up early the next day AND be productive.
- I have always dreamed of living alone and taking care of my own home (not the norm in the Philippines), and now that I have it, not gonna lie…I enjoy it to the fullest!
- I still suck at having my own birthday party. The Filipino way of doing it is so weird. The celebrator has to organize it for herself, provide food, etc. Isn’t she supposed to just relax on her day? And if there would be any celebrations, someone else should plan it for her? No? Ok. Potluck at Ate Gladys’ house tonight, you’re invited.
- I am really great at being independent. When I’m alone in my car, driving fast, I can’t help but smile. I keep thinking, “Wow, dreams do come true. Life is good.”
- It is not good to be depending on yourself alone in everything, don’t get used to it. Give other people the opportunity to help you. It does not make you weak or lazy. ♪♫ People who need people are the happiest people in the world…♪♫
- Do not depend on other people too much. You are not anyone’s responsibility. Hashtag balance.
- How stupid I was when I was in my 20s. I’m a short girl but, dang, my pride is like Shaquille O’Neal level.
- It’s okay to not be okay. There are days when things just go downhill no matter how hard you try. Just let it. It’ll stop going down when you reach the bottom. Dust yourself and start your ascend.
- Heartbreaks are worth it. Pain heals eventually, anyway. All the other emotions before the heartbreak are priceless though. You would also become a philosopher immediately after and all your pictures would have quotes with deep meanings. hahaha
- It’s more fun to meet guys at this age (if you’re ever lucky to live in a place where there is a greater pool of men. lol). I mean, they are more matured, less drama, they should be stable, and not very insecure. Ok, I correct myself, if I ever meet a single guy like that, that would be more fun.
- I am fine. Even if society tells me otherwise. Sure, I dream of having my own family and having someone to grow old with but I really can’t deal with crap. Just interpret that last statement however you please.
- Family is family. Gotta love them and make effort to show them. Be there for them, no matter what.
- It’s okay to have some downtime. Just chill. Nothing exciting going on. It’s okay to not have instagram/facebook highlight moment each time.
- Keep learning. It makes you feel young(er). Keep trying something new.
- I don’t have to explain everything to everyone. Not all people will like me. I just have to do my best to be the best person I can be. Everyone has already got their opinion about everyone else. Most of the time, they don’t really care with what is going on about me anyway.
- There are a lot more things that just would not come to mind right now but I think this is the most important: God got you. Always.
So, that’s it for now! It is indeed a happy birthday for me. 🙂